CALGARY, Alberta, May 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SMART Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq:SMT) (TSX:SMA), a leading provider of collaboration solutions, today announced the successful closing of its transaction to sell and lease back the company's headquarters located in Calgary, Canada. The transaction generated proceeds of approximately $77 million in cash, net of all fees, which will be reflected in the company's first quarter 2014 financial statements when reported in August of 2013. As part of the transaction, the company entered into a 20 year lease with the purchaser, HOOPP Realty Inc., a real estate company related to the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
About SMART Technologies
SMART Technologies Inc. is a leading provider of technology solutions that enable inspired collaboration in schools and workplaces around the world by turning group work into a highly interactive, engaging and productive experience. SMART delivers integrated solutions of hardware, software and services designed for superior performance and ease of use, and remains a world leader in interactive displays.© 2013 SMART Technologies. The SMART logo and smarttech are trademarks or registered trademarks of SMART Technologies in the U.S. and/or other countries. Please note that SMART is written in all capital letters.
CONTACT: For more information, please contact: Investor contact Investor Relations SMART Technologies Inc. + 1.877.320.2241 firstname.lastname@example.org Media contact Marina Geronazzo Senior Public Relations Manager SMART Technologies Inc. +1.403.407.5088 MarinaGeronazzo@smarttech.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV