NEW YORK -- Cisco Systems (CSCO) is expected by Wall Street on Wednesday to report fiscal third-quarter earnings of 49 cents a share on revenue of $12.18 billion, which would represent sales growth of 5%.
The networking giant has strung together eight consecutive quarterly earnings beats.
BlackBerry (BBRY) shares fell almost 4% on Tuesday to $15.25 after the smartphone maker unveiled a new operating system and a new lower-priced handset at its annual conference for investors and developers in Orlando, Fla. The stock had risen 34% before Tuesday. BlackBerry also said it would offer its BlackBerry Messenger service on iPhones and devices running Google's (GOOG) Android software. BlackBerry Falls on Q5 Smartphone News
Google's annual software developers' conference, dubbed "Google I/O," begins Wednesday in San Francisco, and the Internet giant is expected to showcase the latest mobile devices running on Android, which has been activated on more than 750 million devices around the world. Google is reportedly expected to unveil an upgrade to the Nexus 7, a mini-tablet that debuted at the event last year. Samsung Galaxy S4 Review: The Best Android That's Not Nexus
Macy's (M), the retailer, is expected by analysts to post first-quarter earnings of 53 cents a share on sales of $6.39 billion.
Shares of Myriad Genetics (MYGN) rose 4% to $34.10 on Tuesday after it was revealed that actress Angelina Jolie recently had a preventative double mastectomy after learning she faced a high risk of breast and ovarian cancer because of an inherited genetic mutation. Myriad makes a BRACAnalysis test that looks for that mutation, and the test is the source of most of the company's revenue.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV