Write this way to a retrofitTo enter the MyEnergi Lifestyle retrofit contest, applicants will need to submit an essay of 400 words or less explaining how adding solar power and switching to smart, energy-efficient appliances and a plug-in hybrid vehicle could benefit their family.
Representatives of the MyEnergi Lifestyle initiative will serve as judges for the essays, and their determination of a family most deserving of the grand prize will help decide the winner.
For more information on the contest, including eligibility rules and to enter for a chance to win, click here for the "Katie" website:
The grand prize package includes:
- 2013 Ford C-MAX Energi; with a starting price of $29,995, C-MAX Energi is America's most affordable plug-in hybrid vehicle
- Eaton solar inverter, solar-ready load center with home surge protection
- Eaton electric vehicle supply equipment and generator
- Five-kilowatt high-efficiency SunPower system that can produce about 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity annually
- Nest learning thermostat
- Powerhouse dynamic eMonitor for energy monitoring
- Whirlpool brand smart dishwasher, smart washer and dryer combination, smart refrigerator, hybrid heat pump water heater and more
Building on the trend of sustainable living and the next generation of net-zero home design, Ford also recently announced MyEnergi Lifestyle products will be featured in KB Home's ZeroHouse 2.0 in San Marcos, Calif., and in other markets where this energy-efficient home is sold. The agreement between these two innovative leaders further showcases a growing trend where the typical American family can save money while reducing their impact on the environment by combining mainstream home appliance technology with an affordable plug-in hybrid vehicle and a renewable energy power source.More information about Ford's electrified vehicle lineup can be found here.