DEARBORN, Mich., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford-led MyEnergi Lifestyle® retrofit contest demonstrates how a typical American family can achieve energy and cost savings by easily moving to an energy-efficient lifestyle
- National contest now open and runs through June 9. Winner to receive a package that includes a Ford C-MAX Energi – America's most affordable plug-in hybrid vehicle, Whirlpool brand appliances, SunPower solar power system, Eaton charging station and other energy-saving products
- Families could see up to a 60 percent reduction in energy costs and savings of more than 9,000 kilograms of CO 2 – a reduction of 55 percent – in their home
Ford and the MyEnergi Lifestyle® initiative have kicked off the MyEnergi Lifestyle retrofit contest with Katie Couric on her syndicated talk show "Katie." Homeowners can enter this national contest for a chance to win a package that includes a Ford C-MAX Energi – America's most affordable plug-in hybrid vehicle, new Whirlpool brand appliances, a SunPower solar power system and other home products designed to bring energy-efficient living to a typical American family.
The contest is now open and runs through June 9, with the grand prize winner to be announced this summer.
Through the MyEnergi Lifestyle initiative, Ford is bringing together leaders in the home appliance, renewable energy and power management industries – including Eaton, SunPower and Whirlpool. Additional featured companies are semiconductor provider Infineon and Nest Labs.The group worked with researchers from Georgia Institute of Technology to create a computer model that calculates the electricity usage of a typical family in their home for one year, and the potential savings associated with moving to an energy-efficient lifestyle. As Americans' thirst for energy grows, recent advancements in technology make this the ideal time to demonstrate the benefits of optimizing a family's energy footprint. Along with 729 gallons of gasoline and 122,000 cubic feet of natural gas, the average home in America uses more than 11,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity a year; in 1930, the figure was 500 kilowatt-hours. That's an increase of 2,100 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV