Simpson Manufacturing Stock Downgraded (SSD)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- SSD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.28, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 46.90% is the gross profit margin for SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SSD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SSD's net profit margin of 3.10% compares favorably to the industry average.
- SSD, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC reported lower earnings of $0.87 versus $1.03 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 5.2% in earnings ($0.83 versus $0.87).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 33.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $7.20 million to $4.80 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.