Trending Now: California Wedding Cheese Cakes
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. and MODESTO, Calif., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Move over cupcakes and cake-pops, this season's tastiest wedding trend has officially arrived, wedding cheese cakes. Elegant wheels of California cheese stack up to create a savory spin on the classic wedding cake and offer couples a tasty way to personalize their special day.
While cupcakes, cake-pops and traditional cake will always have a celebratory role at weddings, many guests may also enjoy a savory end to the night. In fact, after dinner cheese courses are growing in popularity and are finding their place alongside the sweet offerings on many restaurant dessert menus. A California cheese cake can also be paired with sweet accompaniments to offer guests the best of both worlds. Consider serving aged Gouda paired with a rich dark chocolate or a tangy Blue cheese drizzled with honey."With more than 250 varieties and styles of California cheeses to choose from, a wedding or special occasion cheese cake offers the perfect way to create a dessert as unique as the honored couple or event host," said Jennifer Giambroni, Director of Communications for the California Milk Advisory Board (CMAB). The entertaining experts at the CMAB offer the following tips to help design a one-of-a-kind wedding cheese cake that showcases a couples' unique style. First, use varying size wheels and types of cheese to create a tiered cake. Work with your local cheese buyer to secure uncut wheels or squares of cheese (you can also order directly from the cheesemaker). Think about the layers and how they will look when cut open and, when deciding on the size of "cake," assume one to two ounces of each cheese per guest. Here are a few ideas to stack up a delicious real California wedding cheese cake:
- Taste of California Cheese Cake (shown in photo) . Top: Whole Milk Basket Ricotta; Middle: Billton Blue Cheese; Base: Nicasio Square.
- Central Valley Cheese Cake . Top: Panela; Middle: California Aged Gouda; Base: Lionza (or other Alpine-style cheese)
- Golden State Cheese Cake. Top: Breakfast Cheese or creamy Blue; Middle: Carmody; Base: Teleme
- Wine Country Cheese Cake . Top: Crescenza; Middle: California Camembert; Base: Dry Jack or Dry Jack Reserve
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts