Comfort Insurance Looks At The Importance Of Catalytic Converter Clamps
LONDON, May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Motorhome owners are being urged to take action to help prevent thieves from taking catalytic converters from their vehicles, as this type of theft has become a major issue in the UK. Comfort Insurance, a leading motorhome insurance provider looks at the importance of catalytic converter clamps, as they have seen increased insurance claims for thefts of catalytic converters in recent months.
Catalytic Converters are devices that reduce pollution causing emissions and are being targeted by thieves because of the precious metals they contain. The prices of precious metals are increasing and thieves are seeing this as a quick and easy way to make a bit of money.
Anish Devkaran, Comfort Insurance's Internet and Marketing Manager says, "Motorhomes can be an easy target for thieves as they sit quite high off the ground, it only takes less than 3 minutes for thieves to get under the vehicle and remove the parts."Anish says that there are a few ways to put thieves off your vehicle, "Avoid parking your motorhome on the pavement as it makes it even easier for thieves to get underneath the vehicle. You can also mark your catalytic converter and deter thieves by leaving a sign in the window saying it's marked. However, one of the most important devices is the catalytic converter clamp". Catalytic Converter Clamps are designed with heavy duty aircraft wire rope that wraps around the entire converter and is difficult to cut quickly underneath the vehicle, making the thief retreat and look for an unprotected vehicle. Anish says, "Experienced thieves will look for a quick and easy target so when they see that the catalytic converters are possibly marked and have a clamp around them, owners reduce the risk of being targeted."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV