- Attributable silver equivalent production of 8.0 million ounces (6.3 million ounces of silver and 32,200 ounces of gold) compared to 6.7 million ounces in Q1 2012, representing an increase of 20%.
- Silver equivalent sales of 6.9 million ounces (6.0 million ounces of silver and 16,900 ounces of gold) compared to 6.1 million ounces in Q1 2012, representing an increase of 13%.
- Revenues of $205.8 million compared to $199.6 million in Q1 2012, representing an increase of 3%.
- Net earnings of $133.4 million ( $0.38 per share) compared to $147.2 million ( $0.42 per share) in Q1 2012, representing a decrease of 9%.
- Operating cash flows of $165.6 million ( $0.47 per share [ 1 ]) compared to $163.8 million ( $0.46 per share [ 1 ]) in Q1 2012, representing an increase of 1%.
- Cash operating margin [ 1 ] for the three months ended March 31, 2013 of $25.33 per silver equivalent ounce compared to $28.51 in Q1 2012.
- Average cash costs [ 1 ] rose to $4.39 per silver equivalent ounce compared with $4.08 in Q1 2012.
- Declared quarterly dividend of $0.12 per common share as the result of an amended dividend policy whereby the quarterly dividend will be equal to 20% of the average of the previous four quarters' operating cash flow, with a gradual implementation.
- On February 28, 2013, the Company announced that it had entered into definitive agreements to acquire from Vale S.A. ("Vale") an amount of gold equal to 25% of the life of mine gold production from its Brazilian Salobo mine, as well as 70% of the gold production, for a 20 year term, from certain of its Canadian Sudbury mines.
Silver Wheaton Reports A Strong Start To 2013 With First Quarter Revenues Of US$205.8 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts