VANCOUVER, May 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Silver Wheaton Corp. ("Silver Wheaton" or the "Company") (TSX:SLW) (NYSE:SLW) is pleased to announce that its Board of Directors has amended the Company's dividend policy in order to increase the stability of the dividend. Commencing immediately, the quarterly dividend per common share will be equal to 20% of the average cash generated by operating activities in the previous four quarters divided by the Company's outstanding common shares at the time the dividend is approved, all rounded to the nearest cent.
As a transitionary measure, however, the second quarterly dividend being announced today has been calculated using the average cash generated by operating activities for the trailing two quarters (fourth quarter of 2012 and first quarter of 2013). The third quarterly dividend in 2013 will be calculated using the average cash generated by operating activities for the trailing three quarters (fourth quarter 2012, first quarter 2013 and second quarter 2013), after which future quarterly dividends will be calculated using the average cash generated by operating activities for the trailing four quarters.
Based on the amended policy, the Board of Directors has declared its second quarterly cash dividend for 2013 of US$0.12 per common share. The quarterly dividend will be paid to holders of its common shares as of the close of business on May 23, 2013, and will be distributed on or about May 31, 2013. Under the previous dividend policy, the payout would have been equal to 20% of the cash generated by operating activities in the first quarter of 2013, or US$0.09 per common share.The declaration, timing, amount and payment of future dividends remain at the discretion of the Board of Directors. This dividend qualifies as an 'eligible dividend' for Canadian income tax purposes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV