This means Big Larry owns around $6.4 million of UNAM, which pays a tidy $1-per-share annual dividend. So the dividend alone with UNAM brings Big Larry over a half million dollars in dividends -- plus UNAM rallied almost 17% in 2013 before pulling back in the past month or two.
So, you see, Big Larry, the CEO, likes to create what he calls "rivers of cash." If you read, and you just have to do so, Big Larry's 2012 annual letter to shareholders, you'll learn his version of "The Genesis Story". It will thoroughly acquaint you with the BH origins and why it's been working like a well-oiled machine at making "rivers of cash" flow its way.
Below is a five-year chart of BH and some supporting fundamentals that help illustrate why the stock has been an enormous winner for shareholders.
Big Larry, the chairman of the board, wrote the following on Dec. 7, 2012: "My entrepreneurial odyssey of business creation ab initio has rested on a basic principle: to generate cash and then to parlay that cash into more cash-producing businesses. Our ideas may be in accord with those of a different era
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV