This Day On The Street
Continue to site
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

BG Medicine, Inc. Reports Inducement Grant Under NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)

WALTHAM, Mass., May 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BG Medicine, Inc. (Nasdaq:BGMD), a diagnostics company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cardiovascular tests, announced today that the company granted a stock option to Paul Sohmer, M.D., the company's newly appointed President and Chief Executive Officer, on May 10, 2013. The stock option was granted as an inducement material to Dr. Sohmer's acceptance of employment with the company in accordance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4), which, under these circumstances, provides an exception to the stockholder approval requirements and allows for the grant of this stock option to be made outside the company's stockholder-approved equity plans.

The inducement stock option was approved by the company's Board of Directors, which is comprised of a majority of independent directors. The inducement stock option entitles Dr. Sohmer to purchase 460,480 shares of the company's common stock, at an exercise price of $1.67, which was the closing price of the company's common stock on the grant date of the stock option. The stock option has a ten-year term and vests as to 25% on May 8, 2014 and as to the remaining 75% in equal installments on a quarterly basis during the three-year period following May 8, 2014, provided that Dr. Sohmer is employed by the company on each such vesting date. The stock option will become fully vested in the event of a change of control.

About BG Medicine, Inc.

BG Medicine, Inc. (Nasdaq:BGMD) is a diagnostics company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cardiovascular tests to address significant unmet medical needs, improve patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. The Company has two products: the BGM Galectin-3 ® test for use in patients with chronic heart failure is available in the United States and Europe; and the CardioSCOREā„¢ test for the risk prediction of major cardiovascular events is expected to be launched in Europe in the first half of 2013. For additional information about BG Medicine, heart failure and galectin-3 testing, please visit www.bg-medicine.com and www.galectin-3.com .

The BG Medicine Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=10352

CONTACT: BG-Medicine Investor Inquiries:
         Chuck Abdalian, EVP & Chief Financial Officer, (781) 434-0210

BG Medicine Inc. logo

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG

Markets

DOW 18,232.02 -53.72 -0.29%
S&P 500 2,126.06 -4.76 -0.22%
NASDAQ 5,089.3620 -1.4320 -0.03%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs