4) Shorting the debt of STANDARD CHARTED BANK -- Carson Block of Muddy Waters Research
Block outlined that while domiciled in the UK, Standard Chartered Bank is largely an emerging markets bank. Block notes that the market misunderstands the amount of risk that is presently in its loan book.
Note: As an aside, Block also believes that Qihoo (QIHU), which was introduced as a strong idea earlier this week, is a fraud. On Mad Money, we have often cited the questionability of many of the Chinese Internet companies, save for Baidu (BIDU - Get Report).
5) Shorting debt and equity securities of companies in Europe that are consumer facing or industries that have benefited over past few years from Chinese infrastructure growth -- Teho Phanos, CapeView Capital.Phanos believes these companies are now left with debt loads and valuations under pressure. Think of companies that make mining equipment, excavators, companies that are miners themselves--these are typically second tier mid-market companies. While Phanos didn't call out specific names, he noted that while he sees the Eurozone staying together, that means it follows this recipe of austerity which means increased unemployment and slow growth. --Written by Nicole Urken in Las Vegas. Follow @nicoleurken
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts