The broad market rally continued, with slight increases for the
Dow Jones Industrial Average
The KBW Bank Index (I:BKX) was up slightly to close at 58.53, with all but five of the 24 index components ended Friday's session with gains.
With a very strong U.S. dollar, the spot price for gold for June Delivery at the COMEX division of the CME fell by $32, or 2.2%, settling at $1,436.60 an ounce. Gold declined below a key support level, according to Phil Streible, senior commodities broker at RJO Futures.The dollar ended the week above a key level of 101 versus the Japanese yen, which appeared to be bullish for stock markets, as bond yields rose worldwide on Friday.
Shares of Morgan Stanley have returned 26% this year, following a 28% return during 2012. The shares trade for 0.9 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $27.39, and for 9.5 times the consensus 2014 earnings estimate of $2.53 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $2.06. Please see TheStreet's earnings coverage for details on the company's first-quarter results.
Interested in more on Morgan Stanley? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV