WATERTOWN, Mass., May 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- athenahealth, Inc.(Nasdaq:ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based services for electronic health record ( EHR), practice management , and care coordination, today announced that it has finalized the purchase from Harvard University of the Watertown "Arsenal on the Charles," an expansive, 29-acre, multi-building, commercial property situated on the Charles River less than 10 miles outside of downtown Boston.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=18647
The transaction, valued at $168.5 million, will provide athenahealth with the additional flexibility and space needed to accelerate the company's growth in Massachusetts and across the health care industry. The "Arsenal on the Charles" is a designated historic site with 11 buildings, some dating back more than 200 years; it has been home to athenahealth's headquarters since 2005."We are excited to deepen our roots in Massachusetts; Watertown is our home. The Arsenal on the Charles offers athenahealth everything we could ask for in a headquarters; its open and expansive architecture, outdoor campus feel, strong community, and proximity to Boston fit with our culture, strengthens our standing as a top employer, and provides an inspirational backdrop as we work to be medical caregivers' most trusted service," said Jonathan Bush, chairman and CEO of athenahealth. "We are building a national health information backbone that will have a revolutionary impact on the cost and quality of health care. I can imagine no better place than the very same buildings from which the first industrial revolution rose, to take on such inspiring and important work."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV