3 Services Stocks Dragging The Sector Down
1. As of noon trading, Tyco International ( TYC) is down $0.19 (-0.6%) to $33.77 on heavy volume Thus far, 3.3 million shares of Tyco International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.72-$34.00 after having opened the day at $33.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.96. Tyco International Ltd. operates as a fire protection and security company. The company provides security products and services, fire protection and detection products and services, valves and controls, and other industrial products. Tyco International has a market cap of $15.7 billion and is part of the diversified services industry. Shares are up 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Tyco International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Tyco International Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts