1. As of noon trading, Priceline.com ( PCLN) is up $27.69 (3.75) to $765.19 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Priceline.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 601,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $742.00-$769.67 after having opened the day at $742.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $737.50. priceline.com Incorporated operates as a online travel company. Priceline.com has a market cap of $36.8 billion and is part of the diversified services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Priceline.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Priceline.com as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Priceline.com Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts