The firms' remaining stake in Quintiles is valued at $2.5 billion, without considering the underwriters' option. With the option, the value of the firms' collective stake is about $2 billion.
Between 2009 and 2012, Quintiles paid its shareholders roughly $1.5 billion in dividends, the most recent being one of $241.7 million paid out in October.
The private equity firms acquired the company in a $3 billion-plus deal in 2008.
Quintiles generated $4.8 billion of revenue in 2012, 12% higher than in the previous year, and conducted business in about 100 countries, filings show. Net income last year fell 27% to $176.6 million.
Morgan Stanley, Barclays plc and JPMorgan Securities LLC are serving as joint lead bookrunning managers for the offering. Citigroup Inc., Goldman, Sachs & Co., Wells Fargo Securities LLC, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. are bookrunning managers. Robert W. Baird & Co., William Blair & Co. LLC and Jefferies & Co. are serving as lead co-managers, with Guggenheim Securities LLC, Piper Jaffray Cos., Raymond James & Associates Inc., RBC Capital Markets LLC. and UBS serving as co-managers. Gerald Roach and Amy Batten at Smith, Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell & Jernigan LLP are counsel to the issuers. Colin Diamond at White & Case LLP is lead counsel for the underwriters. Written by Thomas Zadvydas in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV