Retail Properties of American (NYSE: RPAI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Inland Western Retail Real Estate Trust, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. It engages in acquisition, development and management of properties. The trust invests in the real estate markets of United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 533.00. The average volume for Retail Properties of American has been 796,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Retail Properties of American has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 33.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Retail Properties of American as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 66.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 76.25% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 88.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$16.29 million to -$1.88 million.
- Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, RETAIL PPTYS OF AMERICA INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- RETAIL PPTYS OF AMERICA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 300.0% in earnings (-$0.12 versus -$0.03).
- The gross profit margin for RETAIL PPTYS OF AMERICA INC is rather low; currently it is at 24.90%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.34% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Retail Properties of American Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts