Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission Issues Statement On Death Of Former Governor Leader
HARRISBURG, Pa., May 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission Chairman Gerry Robinson issued the following statement on the death of former Governor George M. Leader. Leader signed legislation in 1955 establishing the commission.
"Governor Leader was years ahead of the nation in setting a path toward making equal employment opportunity a reality in Pennsylvania.
"He showed tremendous courage and foresight by recognizing that discrimination against any Pennsylvanian undermines the economic prosperity of all Pennsylvanians.
"The commission mourns the passing of a true defender of civil rights and equal opportunity."Leader, who served as Pennsylvania's 36 th governor, died yesterday at the age of 95. Media contact: Shannon Powers, 717-783-8266 SOURCE Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV