CareFusion ( CFN ) declined, falling 3.1% to $33.59 after the medical technology company said its 2013 revenue guidance could fall by as much as the low-single-digits on a percentage basis compared with its previous expectation that revenue would grow 1% to 3%.
Priceline.com (PCLN) jumped 3.8% to $765.41 after the online-travel company garnered bullish action with earnings that beat Wall Street expectations, offsetting weaker-than-anticipated guidance. Piper Jaffray raised its price target to $850 from $800, followed by Macquarie, Credit Suisse, Jefferies, and Raymond James, overshadowing JMP Securities' and Deutsche Bank's price-target cuts following the second-quarter outlook.
Oil and natural gas exploration company QEP Resources Inc. ( QEP ) gained 5.4% to $29.88 after its operating arm, QEP Midstream Partners LP, revealed Thursday that it filed for an IPO of as much as $400 million.
Gap (GPS) was another big gainer in the S&P, tacking on 5.6% to $40.99 after the apparel retailer reported a 7% increase in April same-store sales driven by increases at Old Navy and produced an earnings guidance that also exceeded forecasts. Canaccord Genuity has raised its price target on Gap to $40 from $39 a share.The U.S. Treasury's monthly budget report showed a monthly net surplus of $112.9 billion in April. Follow @atwtse Written by Andrea Tse and Joe Deaux in New York >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV