WALLDORF, Germany, May 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP NEWSBYTE -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the availability of SAP Lumira™, the next step in the company's self-service business intelligence (BI) vision. Formerly known as SAP® Visual Intelligence software, SAP Lumira extends beyond the desktop to the cloud and enables users to:
- Visualize any amount of data in real time in a repeatable, self-service way
- Accelerate decision-making with fact-based answers to business questions
- Increase self-service data usage without adding to the IT workload
"In today's big data environment, companies need to capture the massive amounts of data and be able to quickly make sense of it all," said Dan Vesset, program vice president, IDC. "This means going beyond basic reports and spreadsheets to a truly self-service approach designed for ease of use and that delivers a combination of speed and engaging visualizations. SAP Lumira and SAP Lumira Cloud are a new options for enterprise self-service BI."
Built in HTML5, SAP Lumira Cloud makes development and delivery of new analysis quicker and helps reduce the need for IT support. It also allows for out-of-the-box integration with on-premise data and provides huge scale with native support for SAP HANA®. With SAP Lumira Cloud, users can:
- Share, create and interact with data visualizations in the cloud
- Upload, download and share documents from SAP Lumira, making it easy to access documents from anywhere and collaborate
- Publish datasets from SAP Lumira to SAP Lumira Cloud
- Create, explore and share data sets and analytics via Web browsers or mobile devices.
- Upload and share other types of documents, such as documents from SAP® Crystal Reports® software, files from SAP® BusinessObjects™ Design Studio and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts