PulteGroup (PHM) ($22.85 vs. $21.21 on April 30): Has been downgraded to sell from hold and set a new multi-year high at $23.95 on May 9.
On May 2 I wrote, Bull Market Will End Without Big-Bank Leadership where I showed that only Citigroup (C) ($48.60 vs. $45.87 on May 2) has a buy rating. Investors should consider booking profits on this buy-and-trade strategy on strength to my monthly risky level at $51.61.
On May 8 I wrote, Record High Transports a Second Chance to Sell and each of the eight sell rated names traded sideways to up that day giving investors a second chance to take some nice gains on stocks rated "avoid-source of funds." This morning we show that 83.2% of all transportation stocks are rated sell or strong sell.
One of the Dow components I have been tracking Caterpillar (CAT) ($89.95): Has been downgraded to sell from hold and traded up to $90.69 on Thursday vs. my monthly risky level at $90.84.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV