The Definition of 'Insanity Cubed': Opinion
Now let's have a look at two more exponential trends:
The first chart shows the exponential increase in the U.S. money supply; the second chart shows the exponential increase in debt.An exponential increase in the money-supply must result in hyperinflation. An exponential increase in the level of debt must result in bankruptcy. Period. Put into even more stark terms, policies that have already proven to have failed can now be conclusively shown to be plainly suicidal. Readers will note that the exponential curve in the second chart is less-extreme than the first. There is only one reason for this: Since 2008, U.S. interest rates have been fraudulently maintained at 0%. With the U.S. sitting with the largest debt in the history of the world, and on a clear/obvious/mathematical road to bankruptcy; the chart above is proof that these interest rates are fraudulent. Had U.S. interest rates been normalized during this time, the U.S. government would have spent trillions of dollars more on interest payments alone -- and the second chart would be as insanely steep as the first. Another Alternate definition of insanity: Engaging in behavior that is knowingly self-destructive, yet refusing to acknowledge that such behavior is suicidal. We are now at "insanity cubed."
- Repeating a failed strategy again and again.
Employing the same failures to continue repeating that failure.
Continuing to repeat the same Cycle of Failure even after we have conclusive, mathematical proof that this is now economic suicide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV