SAO PAULO, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage services providers in the world based in the number of customers, announces today its results for the first quarter 2013 (1Q13).
In 1Q13, net operating revenue reached R$ 2.6 billion, a 2.6% growth compared to 1Q12.
Costs and expenses, including construction costs, in the amount of R$ 1.9 billion grew 2.4% over 1Q12.
EBIT grew 3.5%, from R$ 701.7 million in 1Q12 to R$ 726.3 million in 1Q13.Adjusted EBITDA increased 3.7%, from R$ 888.2 million in 1Q12 to R$ 921.5 million in 1Q13. The adjusted EBITDA margin was 34.8% in 1Q13 in comparison to 34.5% in 1Q12. Excluding construction revenues and construction costs, the adjusted EBITDA margin was 42.4% in 1Q13 (43.3% in 1Q12). Net income reached R$ 496.2 million in 1Q13, 0.9% higher than in 1Q12. The complete version of the release is available at the Company's website: www.sabesp.com.br Conference call and Apimec Meeting – May 13, 2013 in English 10:00 am (US EST)Dial-in access: 1(412) 317-6776Conference ID: Sabesp Apimec Meeting – Sao Paulo 1:00 pm (US EST)Live videocast Live webcast at: www.sabesp.com.br IR Contacts: Mario Arruda Sampaio: (55 11) 3388-8664 ( firstname.lastname@example.org) Angela Beatriz Airoldi: (55 11) 3388-8793 ( email@example.com) SOURCE SABESP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV