SAN DIEGO, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE) shareholders today elected James C. Yardley to the company's board of directors at the company's annual shareholders meeting in Newport Beach, Calif. Yardley was a new nominee among 11 directors elected to the company's board.
" Jim Yardley's extensive experience and leadership in the natural gas industry enhances our board's depth in a primary strategic focus area of our company," said Debra L. Reed, chairman and CEO of Sempra Energy.
Yardley retired in 2012 after a 34-year career with El Paso Corp., then the nation's largest natural gas pipeline company and oil and gas producer. From 2006 to 2012, he was executive vice president of El Paso Corp. and president of its pipeline group. Yardley also served as president, CEO and a director of El Paso Pipeline GP Company LLC, the general partner of El Paso Pipeline Partners L.P., a master limited partnership that owns natural gas pipelines, storage and other midstream assets. Prior to 2006, he held various management positions at El Paso Corp., including president of its Southern Natural Gas Co. unit.
Yardley served on the board of the Interstate Gas Association of America and was chairman in 2008.He currently serves on the board of the National Forest Foundation. A resident of Houston, Yardley holds a bachelor's degree from Duke University and master's degree in business administration from Harvard Business School. Sempra Energy, based in San Diego, is a Fortune 500 energy services holding company with 2012 revenues of approximately $10 billion. The Sempra Energy companies' nearly 17,000 employees serve more than 31 million consumers worldwide. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110108/SEMPRAENERGYLOGO) SOURCE Sempra Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV