4. Signet Corp.
Parent company to the popular national jewelry chains, Kay Jewelers and Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry (it also runs two jewelry chains in the U.K.), each with their own signature television advertisements, Bermuda-based Signet (SIG) seemingly has a heavy hand in the engagement ring and wedding band market.
("Every Kiss Begins With Kay," and "He Went To Jared," are two of the catchiest jingles on television.)Shares of Signet Jewelers have risen 27% in 2013, driven in part by the rebound in consumer spending on discretionary items. In its latest quarterly report, Signet saw a 6.4% increase in same-store sales and a 17.7% increase in earnings per share, fueled by strong Valentine's Day sales, it said in May. The company had a total of 1,952 stores, the majority of which are in the U.S. Signet pushed out its expectations for when its newly-acquired Ultra jewelry stores would be accretive to earnings to the end of the year. -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV