2. Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY ) is one of the most popular home furnishing retailers for wedding gift registries.
Couples can load up their registries with Caphalon pans, Keurig machines and Egyptian cotton duvet covers. Like Nordstrom, the company has expanded its product merchandise to become a full-service destination for consumers' wedding needs, including invitations, accessories for the ceremony like satin ring pillows and porcelain cake toppers for the reception.The wedding gift market topped $10 billion in 2011, according to a separate survey by XO Group. The survey interviewed more than 12,000 engaged couples across the country. Not Your Parents' Wedding Registry Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target (TGT) and Macy's (M) are the top three stores that engaged couples register at -- keeping in mind that couples typically register at more than one store. Interestingly, the survey found that the average gift registry is worth $5,158, with 42% valued at above the $5,000 mark. Bakeware and kitchen appliances are the most popular items on a registry. Bed, Bath & Beyond saw net sales rise 15% to $10.9 billion in 2012 (the fiscal year which ended on March 2, 2013). Full-year earnings per diluted share rose 12% year over year to $4.56, the company said. Bed, Bath & Beyond said on Wednesday that first-quarter earnings of 93 cents a share rose 4.5% year over year, meeting analyst expectations. However net income for the quarter slipped 2% to $202.5 million. Bed Bath & Beyond shares are up 25% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV