Building on its high-end merchandise and attention to the personalized customer experience, Nordstrom (JWN) launched The Wedding Suite in 2010. The boutique, which is in 18 of Nordstrom's roughly 117 full-line stores across the U.S., as well as online, offers both off-the-rack and customizable merchandise collections from some of the hottest designers for brides, grooms and their wedding parties.
The Wedding Suite is meant to compete with high-end bridal salons and complement the Seattle-based company's fashion-forward offerings, by providing bride and bridal party apparel and accessories by high-end wedding designers such as Vera Wang, Monique Lhuillier, Amsale and others, as well as personalized attention through appointment-only wedding stylists.Nordstrom is also offering personalized services, such as on-site tailoring and alterations, bra fitting and lingerie specialists, beauty services, garment steaming, shoe shining and free shipping on orders placed through its wedding stylists. "We knew there was a bridal customer coming to our stores and Web site and we wanted to make shopping easier and more fun for her," wrote Andrea Wassermann, Nordstrom's national bridal director, in an emailed response to questions. "So we built out special spaces for the bride and her wedding party and filled them with head-to-toe looks. They're staffed by dedicated Wedding Stylists who shop the whole Nordstrom store for fashion from engagement party through honeymoon." Nordstrom has recently introduced "Bridesmaid Bars" in an additional 29 locations to cater to bridesmaid dresses. The company does not break out the contribution of The Wedding Suite to overall revenue. Nordstrom posted record net sales in 2012 of $11.8 billion and said that same-store sales rose 7.3% year over year. Nordstrom's shares are up 13% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV