NORFOLK, Va., May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) will rock National Train Day with the premiere of its new television advertisement, which shows how trains connect communities and businesses to drive economic growth.
The commercial, "Norfolk Southern, What's Your Function," will show during National Train Day, the sixth annual celebration of freight and passenger trains hosted by Amtrak, on Saturday, May 11, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Union Station in Washington, D.C.
NS activities will center on the theme "Train Day Rocks" and the first showing of the commercial, based on the " Conjunction Junction" song from the Schoolhouse Rock! television show, a Disney / American Broadcasting company property that celebrates its 40 th anniversary this year. A locomotive engineer sang the original song as he hooked together boxcars with "and, or, and but." The NS ad updates this classic to remind everyone that trains connect us all.
In conjunction with the debut, there will be a Schoolhouse Rock! sing-along. NS will display rail equipment, including its Marco Polo, West Virginia, and Delaware office cars; Exhibit Car; Research and Test Car; and two locomotives. (Click here to view a slideshow of the equipment.)Across the country, more than 200 communities are hosting events at local train stations, railroad museums, and other locations. At Chicago's Union Station, Norfolk Southern will display its Conrail heritage locomotive. Norfolk Southern events at National Train Day
- Explore one-of-a-kind rail cars and view locomotives
- Join the Schoolhouse Rock! sing-along, take pictures in a photo booth to share with friends
- Experience what it's like to operate a locomotive
- See how NS uses technology in its operations
- Step inside Franklin Delano Roosevelt's private rail car
- See "Norfolk Southern, What's Your Function"
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts