CONWAY, Ark., May 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Inuvo, Inc. (NYSE MKT:INUV) (the "Company" or "Inuvo"), an Internet marketing and technology company that develops consumer applications and delivers targeted advertisements onto websites reaching desktop and mobile, today announced revenue for the first quarter of 2013 increased 82% to $15.9 million compared to the same period of 2012. Adjusted EBITDA was $1.4million, a six fold increase, compared to the first quarter of 2012. The Company improved gross profit by 147% to $8.4 million from $3.4 million in the prior year, increasing gross profit as a percent of revenue to 53% in the first quarter of 2013 compared to 39% in the first quarter of 2012. As a result, the net loss was materially reduced to $291 thousand from $1.9 million over that same period.
"Revenue, margins, expenses, debt and income were all improved within the quarter and as a result, we are very pleased with the progress we have made so far this year," stated Richard Howe, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Inuvo. "As we look ahead, we see growth opportunity across our segments but in particular, our expansion into mobile offers the most significant upside."
First Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Net revenue of $15.9 million, increased $7.2 million or 82% compared to the first quarter of 2012.
- Gross profit of $8.4 million, increased 147% compared to $3.4 million in the first quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP measure, increased to $1.4 million compared to $212 thousand in the first quarter of 2012.
- Net revenue for the Network segment was $10.8 million and gross profit was $3.7million, an increase of 69% and 151% from the first quarter of 2012, respectively.
- Net revenue for the Applications segment was $5.1 million and gross profit was $4.7million compared to $2.4 million net revenue and $1.9 million gross profit in first quarter 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV