Goodyear built its first office building, a two-story structure, on East Market Street in 1900. Additional factory and office buildings, including the landmark Old Guard clock tower, were constructed in 1915. The Akron Innovation Center was built as a factory known as "Plant Two" in 1916 and renovated in 1978 to become the company's global technical center.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. Founded in Akron, Ohio in 1898, it employs about 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 52 facilities in 22 countries around the world. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Note to Editors: Additional photos are available at www.goodyearnewsroom.com.
SOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV