Another under-$10 stock that's just starting to trigger a major breakout trade here is Solazyme (SZYM), which is in the business of transforming a range of low-cost plant-based sugars into high-value oils. This stock has been trending strong so far in 2013, with shares up by 21%.
This company just reported earnings on Wednesday, posting a loss that met Wall Street's expectations but coming up short on beating revenue expectations. Revenue decreased 50.59% to $6.7 million from the year-earlier quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV