Dentsply International (XRAY)
Background: Dentsply designs, develops, manufactures and markets dental consumable products, dental laboratory products and dental specialty products worldwide. The company trades an average of 1.2 million shares per day with a market cap of $6 billion.
52-Week High: $43.71Beta: 1.37 Price to Book: 2.80 Dentsply reported earnings and the initial market reaction was resoundingly two thumbs down. However, it didn't take long for buyers to step up and acquire shares at a discount. Generally it takes two or three days before volatility settles after a surprise earnings announcement.
Dentsply doesn't have much of a yield at 0.6%, but it certainly beats no dividend. The dividend is on solid footing with less than 25% of profits paid out. On a positive note, the company does have a history of raising the dividend at least once every couple of years for the last 10 years. After reviewing the key numbers inside the earnings report, I believe Dentsply was oversold during the start of trading after releasing the quarterly results. This sets up a buying dip for an entry price of $41.65
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV