1. As of noon trading, Intuitive Surgical ( ISRG) is up $14.48 (2.96) to $503.79 on light volume Thus far, 181,795 shares of Intuitive Surgical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 504,900 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $490.00-$507.49 after having opened the day at $490.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $489.31. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets da Vinci surgical systems, and related instruments and accessories. Intuitive Surgical has a market cap of $19.7 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Intuitive Surgical a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Intuitive Surgical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Intuitive Surgical Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health services industry could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts