3. As of noon trading, St Jude Medical ( STJ) is up $0.38 (0.90) to $42.80 on light volume Thus far, 620,142 shares of St Jude Medical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $42.30-$42.87 after having opened the day at $42.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.42. St. Jude Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes cardiovascular and implantable neurostimulation medical devices worldwide. It operates in two divisions, Cardiovascular and Ablation Technologies, and Implantable Electronic Systems. St Jude Medical has a market cap of $11.8 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate St Jude Medical a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates St Jude Medical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full St Jude Medical Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts