1. As of noon trading, Charles Schwab ( SCHW) is up $0.34 (1.96) to $17.72 on average volume Thus far, 4.0 million shares of Charles Schwab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.31-$17.72 after having opened the day at $17.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.38. The Charles Schwab Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides securities brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services to individuals and institutional clients. The company operates through two segments, Investor Services and Institutional Services. Charles Schwab has a market cap of $22.3 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Charles Schwab a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Charles Schwab as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Charles Schwab Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts