2. As of noon trading, Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) is up $0.54 (2.81) to $19.73 on average volume Thus far, 6.6 million shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $19.15-$19.73 after having opened the day at $19.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.19. Chesapeake Energy Corporation engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of natural gas and oil properties in the United States. The company also offers marketing, midstream, drilling, and other oilfield services. Chesapeake Energy has a market cap of $12.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 15.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Chesapeake Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chesapeake Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts