SPSU Awards First Political Science Degree To Cherokee County Resident
MARIETTA, Ga., May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU) in Marietta will award degrees to more than 500 students in ceremonies scheduled for 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. this Saturday, May 11, on the Marietta campus. One of them, Woodstock resident Andrew Gifford, will receive the first Bachelor of Science in Political Science to be issued by SPSU's School of Arts and Sciences.
Before SPSU offered political science as a major, it was simply a course concentration. Gifford was an engineering major when he first enrolled at the university. His plan was to "get a degree in mechanical engineering and design car engines." But after taking some introductory political science courses as electives, he became intrigued by this field. When the university launched a degree program in political science, he was one of the first students to declare it as his major in 2009.
Gifford has plans to pursue a graduate degree, but is still mulling over options as to which particular area of political science is for him. These days, he says, "part of me is still interested in mechanical engineering, but I think I'd rather drive a fast car than design one."
CONTACT: Diane Payne, 678-915-7340, firstname.lastname@example.orgSOURCE Southern Polytechnic State University
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV