WASHINGTON, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On the heels of National Geographic Channel's (NGC) record-setting first quarter, and its highest-rated new series premiere with the recent hit Brain Games , Chief Marketing Officer Courteney Monroe today announced a new, aggressive consumer brand campaign aimed at re-energizing and expanding the National Geographic Channel brand. (For more information, visit www.ngcpr.com and follow us on Twitter @ngc_pr.)
The large-scale campaign — the first of its kind for the network in more than four years — will canvass TV (both on-air and off-air), online and in-cinema, first debuting in primetime during the May 12 finale of the popular series Wicked Tuna. The spots will eventually air globally on the National Geographic Channels in 171 countries and 38 languages. (LINK to premiere spots: http://natgeotv.com/theplaceswetakeyou.)
The campaign's driving message reflects the immersive nature of the re-invigorated NGC programming: "The places we take you aren't just on the map."
"With the incredible momentum the channel is currently experiencing, it is a perfect time to take advantage of the marketplace excitement in this channel to re-energize our fans and introduce this network to new viewers," said Monroe. "Working with our partners at BBDO New York, we set out to create brand definitional spots which truly capture the awe and excitement viewers experience when they watch a show on our network."The four brand spots launching as part of the first phase of the brand effort are emblematic of the network's DNA, representing NGC's hit series and stories that entertain, engage and excite our viewers; stories with substance that bring the viewer right into the adventurous, exciting and fascinating worlds that the NGC programming slate delivers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV