NEWPORT NEWS, Va., May 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) announced today two appointments to its government and customer relations leadership team. Carolyn E. Apostolou has been named vice president for legislative affairs (Senate), and Vice Adm. John "Jay" Donnelly (U.S. Navy, Ret.) has been named vice president of program integration and assessment. Apostolou joined on April 29, and Donnelly reported on May 6. Both report to Mitchell B. Waldman, corporate vice president, government and customer relations.
Photos accompanying this release are available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=18616 "Carrie and Jay come to us with several decades of experience in their respective fields," Waldman said. "Carrie has a comprehensive knowledge of the federal budget process and expertise in a wide range of issues, including national security and energy. Jay had a long and distinguished Navy career and brings to us a unique, senior-level customer perspective. Both bring a unique understanding of our business challenges to their positions."
Apostolou will be responsible for the development of lobbying strategy and implementation of lobbying activity, with a general focus on U.S. Senate members, staff and committees of jurisdiction. She also will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all Federal Election Commission and all other legal and regulatory disclosure requirements regarding lobbying activity. Other duties include the shaping of legislative proposals and special authorities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV