Report: 43 Killed On The Job In W.Va. In 2011
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) â¿¿ A new labor union report says 43 workers were killed on the job in 2011 in West Virginia, down from 95 the previous year that included a mine blast that killed 29.
According to the report by the AFL-CIO, there were 4,693 workplace deaths nationwide in 2011, down by only three from the year earlier.
The report also notes that more than 3.8 million workers across all industries experienced work-related illnesses and injuries.
The union says that after years of steady declines, rates have been essentially unchanged. They say that means greater efforts are needed to reduce job injuries and deaths.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV