BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. and BURBANK, Calif., May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq:NFLX) and The Disney/ABC Television Group (NYSE:DIS) today announced a new multi-year licensing agreement that will make Netflix the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for one of the most popular shows on Disney Junior, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, as well as fan favorite Disney XD show Tron: Uprising. In addition, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso and JoJo's Circus will also be available for members in the U.S. to watch instantly later this month.
"Disney and Netflix have shared a long and mutually beneficial relationship and this deal expands on the incredible line-up of Disney content already available for our members," said
Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer at Netflix. "Families love Netflix and we know they especially love the imaginative and high-quality TV shows and movies from Disney. We're excited to bring
Jake and the Never Land Pirates, a terrific show for families with preschoolers, to our members."
"We are delighted that Netflix's members and their young children will be able to experience a selection of tremendously popular original series from Disney Junior and Disney XD," said Janice Marinelli, President, Disney-ABC Domestic Television. "Netflix is a highly valued partner and a terrific platform for families to enjoy these heartfelt characters and entertaining stories."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV