SAN FRANCISCO, May 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zynga, (Nasdaq:ZNGA), the world's leading provider of social game services, today launched Running With Friends to global audiences on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Running With Friends is a high-speed, 3D action-arcade game and the first truly social endless runner game. Players around the world can now stampede their way through the cobblestone streets of Pamplona, Spain, home to the annual Running of the Bulls Festival, as they try to outmaneuver, outrun, and outscore their friends.
As the seventh title in the globally popular 'With Friends' franchise and Zynga's entrant to the runner category, Running With Friends brings a new level of social interaction and fun to the genre. The game includes beloved social elements such as turn-based competition with real-life friends and a chance to bullishly climb the leaderboards by jumping, bumping, and sliding through challenging game-play.
Easy to play but tough to master, players compete with friends in three rounds to outrun their opponents by swiping their screen vertically and horizontally to dodge charging bulls and speeding cars, or even ride a bucking bull for bonuses. Players select their own in-game character and can choose to run as a ninja, ballerina, or a zombie."We are committed to expanding Zynga's mobile portfolio to bring players the most fun, social, and accessible games to play with their friends," said Travis Boatman, Senior Vice President of Mobile at Zynga. "Launching Running With Friends is a natural fit for us as we combine the excitement of the runner category with the social elements of our 'With Friends' franchise." Jam-packed with engaging social play, Running With Friends brings players a fast-paced mobile game with features guaranteed to keep them on the move:
- Daredevil Destructibles: Players can slide and smash into objects such as haystacks, barrels, and other runners to collect more stars and raise their score.
- Boosts and Bonuses: Before each round, players can spin to receive special boosts to power up their play with more points for sliding into friends, objects, or bravely jumping on a bull's back.
- Passport to Pamplona: Players become tourists in Pamplona immersed in the colorful 3D environment that changes scenes with every turn, from secret alleyways to creaky dockyards to palm-lined promenades.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts