Divorced? So What?: Ask Noah
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Q: I have been dating this woman for five months and it's starting to get serious. My concern is she has been through a messy divorce. Should this prevent me from me moving forward in the relationship?
A: Absolutely, 100% no!
Marriages and relationships end for any number of reasons. Take a look at your own personal dating history for empirical evidence!
How about putting yourself in her shoes? She's fearlessly throwing herself back into the dating scene.
Although she probably picks up on men's signals and concerns, she's still in it to win it. That takes a lot of guts. Let's reframe this: Post-divorce, she now has a much stronger understanding of the man she wants. If you two are a match, you will both discover this quickly. Still, you can't overlook the impact this had on her. Perhaps you can feel her wound lingering and playing itself out in your interactions. You may need to be a little more cautious, a little more sensitive. But remember this divorce does not define who she is.
If there's really a special connection and you feel ready to create a stronger commitment, do not let anything get in the way! Enjoy your time together. Please continue sending questions and comments to ASK NOAH at email@example.com. Have a profitable and peaceful week, Noah This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV