HAVANT, United Kingdom, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xyratex Ltd (NASDAQ: XRTX), a leading provider of data storage technology, today introduced the ClusterStor™ 1500 – an affordable, high-performance storage offering designed for the mid-range of the HPC storage market. ClusterStor 1500 is the latest addition to the industry-leading, award-winning ClusterStor family of data storage solutions for HPC and Big Data, and is now available for order.
A significant driver of growth in the overall HPC market is coming from the growing class of users that are adopting x86-based Linux compute clusters to run their digital simulation applications in parallel, utilizing ever greater compute power to solve complex problems sooner. This transition is happening across a wide range of industries, as simulation technology replaces traditional physical experimentation. The adoption of such clusters is creating a growing performance gap between the capabilities of the compute on one side and what the traditional storage systems can actually deliver on the other. This growing class of users requires department-level clusters encompassing several racks of compute and network infrastructure – and the kind of HPC storage solution that hasn't been available in the market, until now.
"Departments within larger organizations or medium-sized enterprises today, especially in the commercial, academic and government sectors, represent an underserved market. They need high-performance and scalable storage solutions that are cost-efficient, easy to deploy and manage and reliable even under heavy workloads," said Ken Claffey, senior vice president of the ClusterStor business at Xyratex. "Growth in this market segment is being driven by the increasing adoption of simulation applications in a wide range of industries from car and aircraft design to chemical interactions and financial modeling. Traditional enterprise storage systems are simply not designed to meet the performance needs of these applications, so we engineered and built the affordable and modular ClusterStor 1500 to bring the performance power of Lustre ® to this underserved and growing market in the way that only ClusterStor can."
ClusterStor 1500 is the newest member of the ClusterStor family of scale-out HPC storage solutions that delivers break-through industry performance and efficiency. ClusterStor 1500 features include:
- A unique architecture that brings together what were previously discrete server, network and storage platforms with their own separate software layers into a single integrated, modular, scale-out storage building block. This innovative approach enables the system to scale both performance and capacity while reducing administrative overhead.
- Reduced hardware complexity with increased reliability, availability and serviceability.
- The ability to scale performance from 1.25GB/s to 110GB/s and raw capacity from 42TB to 7.3PB.
- The Lustre file system, the industry's most scalable and proven high performance open source parallel file system.
- Simplified deployment in hours, not weeks, allowing users to be productive and realize the value from their investment immediately.
- Proactive and comprehensive storage solution support, including assistance with setup, installation and performance optimization.
- ClusterStor Manager, a comprehensive system management application that consolidates management of the entire storage cluster infrastructure, RAID data protection layer, operating system and Lustre into a single-pane-of-glass, easy-to-use administrator interface.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV