WALTHAM, Mass., May 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TESARO, Inc. (Nasdaq:TSRO), an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company, today announced that James O. Armitage, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.R.C.P., has been elected to the TESARO Board of Directors. This election increases the number of independent directors on the Company's Board to six.
Dr. Armitage is currently the Joe Shapiro Chair for the Study of Oncology and Clinical Research at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. He is a member of numerous professional organizations, and served as President of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and as President of the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation. Dr. Armitage has authored or co-authored numerous articles, book chapters and abstracts, and currently serves on the editorial boards of several peer-reviewed journals. He has served the University of Nebraska Medical Center in a variety of leadership roles, including as Vice Chairman of the Department of Medicine, Henry J. Lehnhoff Chairman, Department of Internal Medicine, and Dean, College of Medicine. Dr. Armitage received a M.D. degree from the University of Nebraska, Omaha.
TESARO also announced the results of its Annual Stockholder Meeting, which was held today at 8:30 AM Eastern Time in Waltham, Massachusetts. Stockholders elected the current directors to serve another annual term and ratified the appointment of Ernst and Young LLP as the Company's independent auditor for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013.About TESARO TESARO is an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients by acquiring, developing and commercializing safer and more effective therapeutics. For more information, visit www.tesarobio.com .
CONTACT: Investor/Media Contact: Jennifer Davis Sr. Director, Corporate Development & Investor Relations 1.781.325.1116
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV