LITTLETON, Colo., May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- tw telecom (NASDAQ: TWTC), a leading national provider of managed services, including Business Ethernet, converged and IP VPN solutions for enterprises throughout the U.S. and to their global locations, today issued the following comments on the filing of Schedule 13D beneficial ownership report by Corvex Management LP ('Corvex') reporting their 5.77% ownership in the Company.
During its 14 years as a public company, the Company has demonstrated a long history of open dialog with investors and looks forward to continuing to receive ongoing investor input, including from Corvex. tw telecom's Board is committed to creating shareholder value and believes that the Company is well positioned to continue to do so with the Company's investments in next generation services and infrastructure, among other initiatives, including its share repurchase programs and other balance sheet activities. The Company has a long track record of producing strong long-term, consistent results, including 34 consecutive quarters of sequential revenue growth, ongoing product innovation and exceptional execution.
About tw telecom inc. tw telecom, headquartered in Littleton, Colo., is a leading national provider of managed services, including Business Ethernet, converged and IP VPN solutions for enterprises throughout the U.S. and globally. tw telecom also delivers secure, scalable private connections for transport data networking, Internet access, voice, VPN, VoIP and security to large organizations and communications services companies. Employing a resilient fiber network infrastructure, robust product portfolio and its own Intelligent Network capabilities, tw telecom delivers customers overall economic value, an industry-leading quality service experience, and improved business productivity. Please visit www.twtelecom.com for more information.SOURCE tw telecom
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV