SAN JOSE, Calif., May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is shipping a new scale-out object storage solution based on the high capacity Double-Sided Storage® server ( SSG-6047R-E1R72L) featuring 72x 3.5" hot-swappable HDDs plus 2x 2.5" hot-swappable HDDs, supporting up to 288TB using the latest 4TB Enterprise drives. With 10GB/sec throughput, this mass storage server has the enormous capacity and bandwidth to support extreme levels of concurrent data access and unified storage protocols. Supermicro offers complete solutions to support scale-out storage applications.
This innovative high density 4U solution reduces capital costs of typical storage solutions with similar capacity up to 50% and reduces power consumption up to 60%. Its space saving design also provides up to 18x HDDs per U increasing rack density and operational efficiency. In addition, this high capacity storage server features easy access, hot-swap HDDs for rapid serviceability and maximum availability.
"Supermicro customers are demanding higher capacity storage solutions with total data security and integrity," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "We've answered their call with our new scale-out object storage solution that empowers the latest cloud storage applications. These systems are application-optimized for maximum performance, density, power efficiency, scalability and reliability to deliver exactly the best storage platform for our customers' most challenging data requirements."SSG-6047R-E1R72L Specifications
- 4U High Capacity Double-Sided Storage® Chassis
- 72x 3.5" SAS2 or SATA3 HDDs with 6Gb/s in 36x hot-swap drive bays
- Dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 (up to 135W) support
- Up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC Reg. memory in 16x DIMM sockets
- 3x LSI 2308 IT mode Controllers (24x lanes of 6Gbps SAS)
- 2x 2.5" internal fixed HDDs/SSDs for OS/Applications
- Optional 2x 2.5" rear hot-swappable HDDs/SSDs for OS/Applications
- 4x available PCI-E 3.0 x8 expansion slots (Optional SAS HBA for additional JBOD Expansion, 10G, 40G LAN and 56Gb/s FDR IB card)
- Quad Port Gigabit LAN (optional 10G and 40G LAN)
- IPMI 2.0 (dedicated LAN) with Virtual Media/KVM over LAN
- 2000W (1 + 1), Platinum Level, High Efficiency (95%) Digital Switching Power Supplies
- Optional Battery Backup Power ( BBP®) module
- Target Applications: NAS and SAN applications, Scale-out platforms such as Openstack Swift, archival storage, compliance storage and media storage