GREENVILLE, S.C., May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KEMET Corporation (NYSE: KEM) ("KEMET" or "the Company"), a leading manufacturer of tantalum, ceramic, aluminum, film, paper and electrolytic capacitors, today announced changes to its executive management team.
The Company has accepted the resignations of Conrado Hinojosa, Executive Vice President –Tantalum Business Group and Marc Kotelon, Executive Vice President – Global Sales. Charles C. Meeks, Jr. will take over as head of the Tantalum Business Group, and John J. Drabik will assume the leadership of Global Sales. While the changes are effective immediately, Messrs. Hinojosa and Kotelon will assist in an orderly transition through the end of June.
Per Loof, KEMET Corporation's Chief Executive Officer, stated, "I expect the change in the new management line-up will accelerate our drive toward our timeless model financial expectations. It is imperative we improve our financial performance even if the world economic conditions in our industry remain sluggish. I would like to thank Conrado and Marc for their contributions and leadership during their time with KEMET. We wish them well in their future endeavors."
- Charles (Chuck) Meeks is appointed Executive Vice President – Tantalum & Ceramic Business Groups. Meeks' thirty year career with KEMET has spanned the areas of process engineering, ceramics plant management and Senior VP – Ceramic Business Unit. Most recently, Meeks served as the Executive Vice President – Ceramic, Film & Electrolytic Business Group. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Ceramic Engineering and a Master of Business Administration from Clemson University.
- John Drabik is appointed Senior Vice President – Global Sales. Drabik joined KEMET in 1997 and has held positions of increasing responsibility in Sales and Product Management, including Sales District Manager, and Director – Product Line Management, Ceramic. Prior to this appointment he was the Vice President of Sales - Americas. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Management with a Minor in Marketing from Purdue University and is a 2007 graduate of the KEMET Leadership Forum.
- Robert (Bob) Willoughby is appointed Vice President – Film & Electrolytic Business Group. He joined the Company in 1985 and has held positions in Diagnostic Engineering, Quality, Director of Process Engineering and Vice President of Operations – Film & Electrolytic Business Group. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from Clemson University and is a 2007 graduate of the KEMET Leadership Forum.
About KEMETThe Company's common stock is listed on the NYSE under the ticker symbol "KEM" (NYSE: KEM). At the Investor Relations section of our web site at http://www.kemet.com/IR, users may subscribe to KEMET news releases and find additional information about our Company. KEMET applies world class service and quality to deliver industry leading, high performance capacitance solutions to its customers around the world and offers the world's most complete line of surface mount and through-hole capacitor technologies across tantalum, ceramic, film, aluminum, electrolytic, and paper dielectrics. Additional information about KEMET can be found at http://www.kemet.com. CAUTIONARY STATEMENT ON FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS Certain statements included herein contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of federal securities laws about the Company's financial condition and results of operations that are based on management's current expectations, estimates and projections about the markets, in which the Company operates, as well as management's beliefs and assumptions. Words such as "expects," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," variations of such words and other similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in, or implied by, such forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which reflect management's judgment only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect new information, future events or otherwise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV