NEW YORK, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- McCann Melbourne won "Best In Show" at The 40 th Annual One Show for "Dumb Ways To Die," the multiplatform campaign about train safety for the Australian Metro train service. The campaign was also recognized with three Gold and one Bronze Pencil, as well as 4 Merit awards.
McCann India was also recognized with two Gold and one Silver Pencil for its campaign for Western Union Money Transfer, as well as 4 additional Merit awards. McCann Worldgroup agencies received a total of five Gold, one Silver, 1 Bronze Pencil and 18 Merit awards. The network is also shortlisted for an additional 17 awards at The One Show Interactive, to be presented Friday night, May 10.
"This is a terrific achievement for the team from Melbourne and India," said Harris Diamond, CEO, McCann Worldgroup. "I can't say enough how proud I am of their brilliant, one-of-a-kind multiplatform campaign, 'Dumb Ways To Die,' which captured the imagination of tens of millions of viewers around the globe. It is, simply, a stroke of pure creative genius."
The "Dumb Ways to Die" campaign was created to engage an audience that is indifferent to safety messages to reduce the number of serious and fatal accidents on the Metro Trains Melbourne rail network. The catchy tune and music video were designed to capture the reality of most train accidents—they are almost entirely preventable and would never happen if the people involved didn't do something dumb. Spearheaded by a music video and song that can be downloaded from the iTunes store or via DumbWaysToDie.com, the campaign also appeared on radio, online Tumblr, small and large outdoor spaces and across the Metro Trains network. The campaign immediately received enthusiastic global media attention.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV